Allianz has increased its shareholding in trade credit insurer Euler Hermes to 92.43%.
In November last year Allianz began to position itself for a full Euler Hermes buyout with the acquisition of 11.34% of shares taking its stake to 74.34%.
Allianz has increased its stake in Euler Hermes share capital by 29.43% since November, representing a total investment of approximately €1.5bn (£1.34bn).
The insurer said the deal “raises its exposure to the world’s largest trade credit insurer”
- Swinton puts 268 people at risk of redundancy
- Steve Lewis confident RSA UK will “bounce back” in 2018
- Cyber hacks reported to FCA by financial firms hit 69 in 2017
- Jon Dye brands 2017 as “landmark” year for Allianz in UK
- CBL Insurance Europe ordered to stop writing new business immediately
- RSA UK reports falling profits in 2017
- InsurTech Futures: Zurich unveils InsurTech and innovation brand