Allianz has increased its shareholding in trade credit insurer Euler Hermes to 92.43%.
In November last year Allianz began to position itself for a full Euler Hermes buyout with the acquisition of 11.34% of shares taking its stake to 74.34%.
Allianz has increased its stake in Euler Hermes share capital by 29.43% since November, representing a total investment of approximately €1.5bn (£1.34bn).
The insurer said the deal “raises its exposure to the world’s largest trade credit insurer”
- Aviva pulls agency with GRP
- AIG warns of rise in data breaches as GDPR comes into force
- Amazon “working with” UK brokers and insurers
- Alpha: Cover My Cab steps in with Gefion policies
- City Insurance Brokers and Compass launch profit insurance scheme
- Coversure backers Livingbridge “not done” with insurance investments
- Uber gives drivers free insurance as it expands partnership with Axa