Zurich has reported a £151m business operating loss for 2017 for UK general insurance.
The insurer flagged that if the Ogden rate had not changed – it moved from 2.5% to minus 0.75% last March – it would have made a profit.
In 2016 the provider had achieved a profit of £147m.
Gross written premium of £2.37bn was the same as reported a year ago.
However, the combined operating ratio (COR) soared to 110.9% from 97.1% in the previous 12 months.
Again the insurer flagged that excluding the impa
- Swinton puts 268 people at risk of redundancy
- Steve Lewis confident RSA UK will “bounce back” in 2018
- Cyber hacks reported to FCA by financial firms hit 69 in 2017
- Jon Dye brands 2017 as “landmark” year for Allianz in UK
- CBL Insurance Europe ordered to stop writing new business immediately
- RSA UK reports falling profits in 2017
- Ageas UK moves back into profit in 2017