Zurich has reported a £151m business operating loss for 2017 for UK general insurance.
The insurer flagged that if the Ogden rate had not changed – it moved from 2.5% to minus 0.75% last March – it would have made a profit.
In 2016 the provider had achieved a profit of £147m.
Gross written premium of £2.37bn was the same as reported a year ago.
However, the combined operating ratio (COR) soared to 110.9% from 97.1% in the previous 12 months.
Again the insurer flagged that excluding the
- CBL Insurance placed into liquidation
- Gallagher set to ink another deal before Christmas
- Marsh unveils Marsh-JLT Specialty plans
- Top 100 2018: Find out who made the list
- Broker Choice Awards: The winners
- Fresh founder Lisa Powis rejoins insurance sector with tech business
- Up to 50 jobs at risk amid RSA specialty and wholesale restructure