Zurich has reported a £151m business operating loss for 2017 for UK general insurance.
The insurer flagged that if the Ogden rate had not changed – it moved from 2.5% to minus 0.75% last March – it would have made a profit.
In 2016 the provider had achieved a profit of £147m.
Gross written premium of £2.37bn was the same as reported a year ago.
However, the combined operating ratio (COR) soared to 110.9% from 97.1% in the previous 12 months.
Again the insurer flagged that excluding the impa
- Ardonagh picks up selected renewal rights from Ageas Retail in £7m deal
- Eldon Insurance states none of its data was used by Leave.eu campaign
- Stackhouse Poland buys Honour Point
- Primassure moves from SSP and Open GI to Applied
- Is the talent pool drying up?
- Towergate owners post £261m loss for 2017
- Aggregators eating into SME business – GlobalData