Zurich has reported a £151m business operating loss for 2017 for UK general insurance.
The insurer flagged that if the Ogden rate had not changed – it moved from 2.5% to minus 0.75% last March – it would have made a profit.
In 2016 the provider had achieved a profit of £147m.
Gross written premium of £2.37bn was the same as reported a year ago.
However, the combined operating ratio (COR) soared to 110.9% from 97.1% in the previous 12 months.
Again the insurer flagged that excluding the impa
- Former Axa claims handler jailed for fraud
- GRP’s County Group buys Guardian in "first of many" deals
- Finch Insurance Brokers returns to profitable growth in 2017
- Trident switches from Open GI to Applied Systems
- Providers prepare for FCA affordability rule changes hitting premium finance
- Clear secures refinancing deal with ECI Partners
- SEIB looking for more deals after Equicover book buy