Colm Holmes, the chief executive officer of Aviva UK general insurance, is moving to become president and chief executive officer of Aviva Canada.
Holmes joined the insurer from Zurich in 2014 and took on the UK CEO post in June 2016 replacing Maurice Tulloch.
As part of the changes Rob Townend, currently Aviva’s UK claims director, has been appointed managing director of Aviva UK general insurance.
In his new role Townend will report to Andy Briggs, Aviva UK insurance chief executive officer
- Das v Asplin: Guilty three sentenced to 15 years
- CII investigating disciplinary action for Paul Asplin after conviction
- Resisting Toba change would be “lunacy” – Tim Ryan
- Whiplash reforms delayed until 2020
- Biba launches industry standardised Toba template
- Brokerbility targeting up to 10 new members
- One Broker axes KTIB brand