Colm Holmes, the chief executive officer of Aviva UK general insurance, is moving to become president and chief executive officer of Aviva Canada.
Holmes joined the insurer from Zurich in 2014 and took on the UK CEO post in June 2016 replacing Maurice Tulloch.
As part of the changes Rob Townend, currently Aviva’s UK claims director, has been appointed managing director of Aviva UK general insurance.
In his new role Townend will report to Andy Briggs, Aviva UK insurance chief executive officer
- Swinton puts 268 people at risk of redundancy
- Steve Lewis confident RSA UK will “bounce back” in 2018
- Cyber hacks reported to FCA by financial firms hit 69 in 2017
- Jon Dye brands 2017 as “landmark” year for Allianz in UK
- CBL Insurance Europe ordered to stop writing new business immediately
- RSA UK reports falling profits in 2017
- Ageas UK moves back into profit in 2017