MS Amlin’s chief underwriting officer Simon Beale will succeed Charles Philipps as CEO on 1 April 2018, the provider has confirmed.
Philipps joined Amlin as group finance director in 1997 and became group CEO in 1999.
He was in charge of the company when it was bought by Mitsui Sumitomo in a £3.5bn deal that was agreed in September 2015.
Beale joined the group in 1994 and headed up Amlin’s marine business from 2001 to 2009 and was underwriting director of Amlin London from 2008 to 2012.
The Insurance Age team unpick the most recent and most popular stories.Subscribe to our daily newsletter for all the latest news
- Ardonagh confirms the end of all Swinton retail branches
- Ardonagh losses rise to £44.5m in H1 2019
- Aon UK confirms solicitors’ PI cover has been withdrawn
- Bravo Group spent £53m on deals in 2018
- PIB u-turns on pledge to keep Albany Childcare brand
- FSCS set to compensate Alpha Insurance latent defect insurance policyholders
- Romero Group moves to Applied Epic