QBE’s European division reported a slight drop in gross written premium (GWP) to $2.39bn [£1.85bn] for the first six months of 2017.
This compared to $2.51bn for the same period in 2016.
The combined operating ratio (COR), not including the effect of the Ogden rate change, came in at 91.3% which was worse than the 88.3% achieved in the same period of 2016.
A footnote to the 2017 figures highlighted that the COR ”excludes $156M one-off adverse impact on the group’s underwriting result due to the
Read the latest issue of Insurance Age here
- Insurance industry welcomes Ogden rate reform
- Pen Underwriting makes 11 redundant at Chelmsford office
- Lloyd’s slumps to £2bn loss for 2017
- Broker Network buys Knighthood Corporate Assurance Services
- Claimant lawyers hit out at government’s discount rate reform
- Discount rate reform unveiled by the government
- Trade credit insurer pay-outs at highest level since 2009