The Financial Services Compensation Scheme (FSCS) has now made over 28,000 return of premium payments worth £8.3m to former policyholders of Gable Insurance.
The FSCS said in a statement on July 20 that it is continuing to work closely with the liquidator of Gable, insurance brokers and, where appropriate, the premium finance companies to agree and verify those premium refunds which remain outstanding.
FSCS chief executive, Mark Neale commented: “FSCS is here to protect consumers.
- Former Axa claims handler jailed for fraud
- MVP snaps up stake in Ataraxia as Stuart Randall exits
- InsurTech Futures: By Miles launches pay-as-you-go motor policy
- Insurance Cares: FCA plans ‘vulnerable customers’ consultation
- FCA prepares for hard Brexit
- CII names Jonathan Clark as new president
- MVP the “ideal partner” for Ataraxia, says Stuart Randall