The Financial Services Compensation Scheme (FSCS) has now made over 28,000 return of premium payments worth £8.3m to former policyholders of Gable Insurance.
The FSCS said in a statement on July 20 that it is continuing to work closely with the liquidator of Gable, insurance brokers and, where appropriate, the premium finance companies to agree and verify those premium refunds which remain outstanding.
FSCS chief executive, Mark Neale commented: “FSCS is here to protect consumers.
- Tasker Insurance names Robert Organ as new CEO
- ASA reveals insurance advertising complaints
- Ex Towergate and Bluefin boss Kenny Hogg joins Gallagher as Scotland lead
- Staysure snaps up travel rival Avanti
- New motor fleet MGA launched
- GWP slips to $2.39bn at QBE Europe in half year results
- Hiscox adds drone cover and more to home insurance product