Deloitte has estimated that insurers' 2015 reported net combined ratio will now be 108%, a 16 percentage point deterioration from 2014 (92%) due to the intense period of wet weather in December.
The advisory firm said that prior to the weather in December the industry was on track for its eighth consecutive year of personal home insurance profits and potentially the best net combined ratio since 2011.
The statement follows on from ratings firm Fitch's warning that the cost of the floods could pu
- Tasker Insurance names Robert Organ as new CEO
- ASA reveals insurance advertising complaints
- Ex Towergate and Bluefin boss Kenny Hogg joins Gallagher as Scotland lead
- Staysure snaps up travel rival Avanti
- New motor fleet MGA launched
- GWP slips to $2.39bn at QBE Europe in half year results
- Hiscox adds drone cover and more to home insurance product