Sir Adrian Montague will become non-executive chairman of Aviva in April 2015, the insurer has confirmed.
The current chairman, John McFarlane, will stay on until the provider's annual general meeting next year.
He has today been confirmed as the new chairman of Barclays bank, taking up a position on the board on 1 January and the role itself after the bank's AGM.
Montague joined the board of Aviva in January 2013, and became senior independent director in May 2013.
He said: "It will be
- Folgate teams up with MS Amlin for 2019
- Vivek Banga to leave Gallagher for Polaris
- Touchstone recruits four business development managers in regional broker drive
- Motor insurance pay-outs soar to record levels
- InsurTech Futures: Start-up With Jack authorised by the FCA
- Bridge breaks through £10m barrier
- Profile: Peter Cullum, Towergate founder and GRP chairman