Sir Adrian Montague will become non-executive chairman of Aviva in April 2015, the insurer has confirmed.
The current chairman, John McFarlane, will stay on until the provider's annual general meeting next year.
He has today been confirmed as the new chairman of Barclays bank, taking up a position on the board on 1 January and the role itself after the bank's AGM.
Montague joined the board of Aviva in January 2013, and became senior independent director in May 2013.
He said: "It will be
- Ex-Enterprise non-exec chairman Nick Cruz sues Gibraltar regulator for libel
- MRIB buys Independents
- Biba warns of 'uncharted waters' as Theresa May's Brexit deal is rejected
- Saffron buys Farmer Insurance Brokers
- PIB merges underwriting offerings
- Aviva grows mid-market appetite
- In Person: Jacques Verlingue boss of Adélaïde Group, owner of Finch and ICB