Sir Adrian Montague will become non-executive chairman of Aviva in April 2015, the insurer has confirmed.
The current chairman, John McFarlane, will stay on until the provider's annual general meeting next year.
He has today been confirmed as the new chairman of Barclays bank, taking up a position on the board on 1 January and the role itself after the bank's AGM.
Montague joined the board of Aviva in January 2013, and became senior independent director in May 2013.
He said: "It will be
- Aston Lark buys Highworth Insurance
- Zurich temporarily pulls out of direct home
- Allianz hires Gerry Ross as head of commercial motor
- Marsh-owner gains approval to buy Jardine Lloyd Thompson
- Arch Insurance International invests in MGA
- Marsh-parent raises $250m of fresh debt
- Legal & General unveils tech solution for brokers