The move follows the takeover of Brit's UK regional business by QBE in April.
According to Brit Group, following the sale it will focus on being a global speciality (re)insurer underwriting on its Lloyd's platform, as Brit Global Specialty.
As a result of the transaction, Brit Group will retain the liabilities and claims handling for certain business currently within BIL which relate to the group's ongoing core business now being written into Brit's Lloyd's syndicate 2987. The group's intention
- Folgate teams up with MS Amlin for 2019
- Vivek Banga to leave Gallagher for Polaris
- Touchstone recruits four business development managers in regional broker drive
- Motor insurance pay-outs soar to record levels
- InsurTech Futures: Start-up With Jack authorised by the FCA
- Bridge breaks through £10m barrier
- Profile: Peter Cullum, Towergate founder and GRP chairman