HSBC sent out an information memorandum to potential buyers, with first round bids due by mid-October, a source told City AM.
Its non-life insurance businesses earned profit before tax of about $1bn (£633m) in 2010, according to a presentation in June.
“We do not comment on market rumours or speculation,” a Hong Kong-based HSBC spokeswoman said.
- Folgate teams up with MS Amlin for 2019
- Vivek Banga to leave Gallagher for Polaris
- Touchstone recruits four business development managers in regional broker drive
- Motor insurance pay-outs soar to record levels
- InsurTech Futures: Start-up With Jack authorised by the FCA
- Bridge breaks through £10m barrier
- Profile: Peter Cullum, Towergate founder and GRP chairman