On 15 April, the Eyjafjallajökull volcano in Iceland erupted, sending a cloud of ash to Europe, and causing a significant disruption for those individuals and businesses reliant on air travel.
However, Moody's said that the extent to which the insurance industry will cover losses incurred from this disruption is expected to be limited because business interruption claims will not be generally covered.
Moody's said that from an aviation perspective, business interruption insurance claims are only
- £500,000 Gallagher fraudster jailed for 34 months
- Pen confirms redundancy threat at Chelmsford
- Ardonagh sells remaining Broker Network stake in £30m deal
- Lark and Aston Scott to rebrand as Aston Lark
- Biba manifesto 2018: Push to prevent regulation stifling productivity
- Car insurance premiums rose 8% in 2017
- Interview: Staysure’s Ryan Howsam