On 15 April, the Eyjafjallajökull volcano in Iceland erupted, sending a cloud of ash to Europe, and causing a significant disruption for those individuals and businesses reliant on air travel. However, Moody's said that the extent to which the insurance industry will cover losses incurred from this disruption is expected to be limited because business interruption claims will not be generally covered. Moody's said that from an aviation perspective, business interruption insurance claims are only
- Moneysupermarket.com fined £80,000 by Information Commissioner’s Office
- Gable policyholders receive £8.3m return payments
- FCA proposes to extend the senior management regime to more firms
- FCA publishes IDD plans
- Broker Network posts rise in revenue after "extraordinary year"
- Marmalade launches new young driver policy
- InsurTech Futures: CDL set to launch chatbot solution