The effects of flooding in 2008 were nowhere near as severe as 2007, there were no significant terror alerts, no outbreaks of H5N1 avian influenza and no disasters of the Buncefield type. However, all was not rosy. The huge increase in fuel prices led to many businesses facing severe financial difficulties and even administration or liquidation. Compounded by the downturn in the economy and increasing prices for goods and services, businesses have been forced to look at ways to reduce costs.
- One Broker buys Gibbs Denley Insurance Services
- Tasker Insurance names Robert Organ as new CEO
- Bennett Christmas buys Horsham-based Slade Edwards Insurance
- ASA reveals insurance advertising complaints
- Gadget insurance aggregator launched
- In-depth - Personal lines: The omni-channel future
- Confused.com sees profits halve for start of 2017