"We look at weather claims over a long time period and one bad year doesn't necessarily mean premiums need to rise the following year.
"While the scale of this year's flooding is unprecedented we do expect flood events to occur and price accordingly. We have our own unilateral process for setting prices by reference to our own internal technical pricing models and based on a number of factors. It is the unique combination of these factors that determines the price a customer will pay."
- Ardonagh picks up selected renewal rights from Ageas Retail in £7m deal
- Eldon Insurance states none of its data was used by Leave.eu campaign
- Towergate owners post £261m loss for 2017
- Ex-Das CEO Paul Asplin stands trial for fraud
- Two thirds of UK manufacturers lack cyber insurance cover
- Ardonagh looking at deals worth £500m
- SSP adds Pex Insure to panel