While there was a marginal 0.4% reduction in the number of businesses failing in quarter three 2007 compared to the same quarter last year, the year-to-date figure showed a far healthier 4.7% decline, or 661 fewer businesses failing. Although 2007 is proving a better year than 2006, when Experian recorded its highest ever annual number of corporate failures (20,067), there are some warning signs for the economy.
The quarter saw an increase in business failures in 11 of the 34 sectors
- Allianz prepared for "turbulent" 2019
- Podcast: Top five stories this week with Axa's Jon Walker
- Blog: How is the debate around cyber affecting clients?
- Consolidation opens up opportunities, says Romero boss
- Profits up at Allianz in 2018
- AI anti-fraud measures receive Government backing
- InsurTech Futures: Tapoly unveils broker platform for on demand products