The power outage at SSP which began in August and caused weeks of system downtime across over 300 of its customers has resulted in a heightened awareness of disaster recovery plans and due diligence among brokers.
One company affected by the system failure was Bollington Insurance Brokers, which was in the process of swapping from SSP to Transactor prior to the outage.
Criticising the way that technology provider SSP handled the communication to its brokers throughout the outage
- One Broker buys Gibbs Denley Insurance Services
- Profits soar at Bollington in 2016
- Gadget insurance aggregator launched
- Bennett Christmas buys Horsham-based Slade Edwards Insurance
- UK businesses “unprepared for a cyber shock”
- Meet the techies: Richard Hartley
- In-depth - Personal lines: The omni-channel future