Two reports by the AA and Confused.com/Towers Watson have revealed that motor insurance premiums shot up by 40% in the past year. The AA’s Shoparound index of the average of three quotes for a customer recorded a 40.1% rise to £892 in the 12 months to the end of March for annual comprehensive cover while Confused said that the rate of price inflation was 35.7%.
The rapid rises have raised the question of whether consumers will return to brokers for cheaper premiums and in particular if the much-
- Ardonagh picks up selected renewal rights from Ageas Retail in £7m deal
- Eldon Insurance states none of its data was used by Leave.eu campaign
- Stackhouse Poland buys Honour Point
- Primassure moves from SSP and Open GI to Applied
- Is the talent pool drying up?
- Aggregators eating into SME business – GlobalData
- Towergate owners post £261m loss for 2017