Two reports by the AA and Confused.com/Towers Watson have revealed that motor insurance premiums shot up by 40% in the past year. The AA’s Shoparound index of the average of three quotes for a customer recorded a 40.1% rise to £892 in the 12 months to the end of March for annual comprehensive cover while Confused said that the rate of price inflation was 35.7%.
The rapid rises have raised the question of whether consumers will return to brokers for cheaper premiums and in particular if the much-
- FCA warns on clone of Ellis David Insurance Brokers
- InsurTech Futures: Ex-Brokerbility and Aviva expert targets on-demand market
- Miller buys Alston Gayler and Co
- Blog: Does your board meet FCA standards?
- FCA issues another clone broker warning
- Podcast: Certus' Ben Welsh looks at the top five stories of the week
- Axa XL to move EU arm to Dublin