▶ How did the company begin?
Michael Bartlett: My father started the company in Bradford in December 1940 and it remained in Bradford until 1967, when we relocated to Horsforth. The company in those days was very much smaller than it is now.
It continued to grow, and then in the 1980s we began to write overseas business. So now there are offices in countries including America, Australia, Germany, France, Holland and Hong Kong. Our international expansion has been successful and it defines us to
- Ex Towergate and Bluefin boss Kenny Hogg joins Gallagher as Scotland lead
- New motor fleet MGA launched
- David Charles steps down as head of PIB-owned Cooke & Mason
- Hiscox adds drone cover and more to home insurance product
- Broking Break - Your Top Five
- Staysure snaps up travel rival Avanti
- Blog: Allianz and LV deal further proof that SME commercial is a tough nut to crack