On Barack Obama's first official day in office, he declared that "in the face of doubt, openness prevails" and brought the open data movement to the fore in the USA.
The concept of open data originated in the 90s within the scientific community who shared climatic data to a wider public audience.
Gordon Brown was the first senior politician to champion transparency of government and released further datasets to allow citizens to monitor public sector activities.
Today the G8 advocate that all th
- Swinton targets becoming largest digital broker in the UK
- NIG adds Farm Combined to FarmWeb e-trade platform
- Optimism among brokers falls slightly
- Broking Break - Your Top Five
- InsurTech Futures: Axa launches automatic compensation for late flights product
- Aviva "disappointed" after watchdog bans Aviva Drive app ad
- Biba launches scheme for transportation risks