On Barack Obama's first official day in office, he declared that "in the face of doubt, openness prevails" and brought the open data movement to the fore in the USA.
The concept of open data originated in the 90s within the scientific community who shared climatic data to a wider public audience.
Gordon Brown was the first senior politician to champion transparency of government and released further datasets to allow citizens to monitor public sector activities.
Today the G8 advocate that all
- Andy Fairchild exits Broker Network
- Ed appoints broking CEO
- Members surprised at Fairchild’s Broker Network exit
- InsurTech: Meet the tech insiders
- Stackhouse Poland buys Property Insurance Initiatives
- Broking success: Toby Clegg, chief executive officer, Clegg Gifford
- Call for evidence on discount rate setting welcomed