Indeed, the emphasis on the Three Lions' exploits in recent years has been how far behind the likes of Germany, Italy and Spain the team is in terms of technical ability.
And in a similar vein the CII study cited an ‘improvement' in the profession but also warned of a "dearth in technical skills" and cautioned that the issue could exacerbate in the future.
It found that more than half (59%) of firms are experiencing skills shortages this year, albeit this was the lowest figure posted since the
- Towergate owners post £261m loss for 2017
- Ex-AA boss Bob Mackenzie seeking up to £225m in damages
- Ardonagh looking at deals worth £500m
- Das v Asplin: Prosecution outlines arguments on fraud charges
- Ex-Das CEO Paul Asplin stands trial for fraud
- InsurTech Futures: Gadget and motor products go live on Brolly
- InsurTech Futures: PwC and Early Metrics launch programme to scale start-ups