Indeed, the emphasis on the Three Lions' exploits in recent years has been how far behind the likes of Germany, Italy and Spain the team is in terms of technical ability.
And in a similar vein the CII study cited an ‘improvement' in the profession but also warned of a "dearth in technical skills" and cautioned that the issue could exacerbate in the future.
It found that more than half (59%) of firms are experiencing skills shortages this year, albeit this was the lowest figure posted since the
- Losses bite at Ageas Retail after Kwik Fit closure
- Clear plots buying spree to double GWP by 2022
- Ansvar launches two charity products
- Ascot launches new MGA and hires Michael Sillat to lead
- InsurTech Futures: Hiscox partners with start-up Digital Fineprint
- Ecclesiastical's pre-tax profit surges with investment returns in first half of 2017
- Verisk to buy Sequel for £250m