Indeed, the emphasis on the Three Lions' exploits in recent years has been how far behind the likes of Germany, Italy and Spain the team is in terms of technical ability.
And in a similar vein the CII study cited an ‘improvement' in the profession but also warned of a "dearth in technical skills" and cautioned that the issue could exacerbate in the future.
It found that more than half (59%) of firms are experiencing skills shortages this year, albeit this was the lowest figure posted since the
- CBL Insurance placed into liquidation
- Marsh unveils Marsh-JLT Specialty plans
- Gallagher set to ink another deal before Christmas
- Top 100 2018: Find out who made the list
- Up to 50 jobs at risk amid RSA specialty and wholesale restructure
- Fresh founder Lisa Powis rejoins insurance sector with tech business
- Broker Choice Awards: The winners