For the brokers who have tried to blank the painful proposition from their minds, in July the FSA presented yet another 50% rise in the financial cap for brokers' sub-class.
It was the equivalent of pouring more salt into the proverbial wound, following the 50% levy rise implemented in February 2011.
Industry figures have long argued that insurance brokers should be separated from other intermediaries such as credit brokers in the FSCS' funding structure.
They have disputed the proportion of th
- Ardonagh picks up selected renewal rights from Ageas Retail in £7m deal
- Eldon Insurance states none of its data was used by Leave.eu campaign
- Stackhouse Poland buys Honour Point
- Primassure moves from SSP and Open GI to Applied
- Towergate owners post £261m loss for 2017
- SSP adds Pex Insure to panel
- Is the talent pool drying up?