For the brokers who have tried to blank the painful proposition from their minds, in July the FSA presented yet another 50% rise in the financial cap for brokers' sub-class.
It was the equivalent of pouring more salt into the proverbial wound, following the 50% levy rise implemented in February 2011.
Industry figures have long argued that insurance brokers should be separated from other intermediaries such as credit brokers in the FSCS' funding structure.
They have disputed the proportion of
- CBL Insurance placed into liquidation
- Marsh unveils Marsh-JLT Specialty plans
- Up to 50 jobs at risk amid RSA specialty and wholesale restructure
- Gallagher set to ink another deal before Christmas
- Top 100 2018: Find out who made the list
- Aviva on top again in Brokerbility satisfaction survey
- Fresh founder Lisa Powis rejoins insurance sector with tech business