Will changes in the regulation of claims management companies clean up the industry for good?
The March budget announced that the government would clamp down on rogue CMCs. It accepted the recommendations of the independent review – the so-called Brady Review – into the regulation of CMCs . And it will transfer responsibility for regulating CMCs to the Financial Conduct Authority from the existing Claims Management Regulator, within the Ministry of Justice.
The exact timing is unclear and more
- Losses bite at Ageas Retail after Kwik Fit closure
- Clear plots buying spree to double GWP by 2022
- Ansvar launches two charity products
- Ascot launches new MGA and hires Michael Sillat to lead
- InsurTech Futures: Hiscox partners with start-up Digital Fineprint
- Ecclesiastical's pre-tax profit surges with investment returns in first half of 2017
- Verisk to buy Sequel for £250m