Will changes in the regulation of claims management companies clean up the industry for good?
The March budget announced that the government would clamp down on rogue CMCs. It accepted the recommendations of the independent review – the so-called Brady Review – into the regulation of CMCs . And it will transfer responsibility for regulating CMCs to the Financial Conduct Authority from the existing Claims Management Regulator, within the Ministry of Justice.
The exact timing is unclear and more
Read the latest issue of Insurance Age here
- Insurance industry welcomes Ogden rate reform
- Pen Underwriting makes 11 redundant at Chelmsford office
- Lloyd’s slumps to £2bn loss for 2017
- Broker Network buys Knighthood Corporate Assurance Services
- Claimant lawyers hit out at government’s discount rate reform
- Discount rate reform unveiled by the government
- Trade credit insurer pay-outs at highest level since 2009