There is no other place to start this month’s rundown than with RSA naming Stephen Hester as its new group chief executive.
Hester – who is set to receive an annual salary of £950,000 excluding performance bonuses – replaced Simon Lee, who resigned in December 2013. Hester came to public prominence as the man charged by the UK government with turning around RBS Group, which was on its knees following the credit crunch.
- One Broker buys Gibbs Denley Insurance Services
- Tasker Insurance names Robert Organ as new CEO
- Bennett Christmas buys Horsham-based Slade Edwards Insurance
- Gadget insurance aggregator launched
- ASA reveals insurance advertising complaints
- In-depth - Personal lines: The omni-channel future
- Meet the techies: Richard Hartley