There is no other place to start this month’s rundown than with RSA naming Stephen Hester as its new group chief executive.
Hester – who is set to receive an annual salary of £950,000 excluding performance bonuses – replaced Simon Lee, who resigned in December 2013. Hester came to public prominence as the man charged by the UK government with turning around RBS Group, which was on its knees following the credit crunch.
- CBL Insurance placed into liquidation
- Marsh unveils Marsh-JLT Specialty plans
- Gallagher set to ink another deal before Christmas
- Top 100 2018: Find out who made the list
- Up to 50 jobs at risk amid RSA specialty and wholesale restructure
- Fresh founder Lisa Powis rejoins insurance sector with tech business
- Broker Choice Awards: The winners