After the highly publicised downfall of Quinn Insurance at the end of March last year, Paladin Underwriting Agency has become the latest provider to say “I’m out” to the construction industry.
The Montpelier-owned firm closed its specialist contractors’ account just 18 months after it entered the market with the underwriter claiming that despite its “best endeavours” the account had failed to deliver on its business plan since its launch.
While no one can deny the impact the recession has had o
- Ardonagh picks up selected renewal rights from Ageas Retail in £7m deal
- Eldon Insurance states none of its data was used by Leave.eu campaign
- Towergate owners post £261m loss for 2017
- Ex-Das CEO Paul Asplin stands trial for fraud
- Two thirds of UK manufacturers lack cyber insurance cover
- Ardonagh looking at deals worth £500m
- SSP adds Pex Insure to panel