After the highly publicised downfall of Quinn Insurance at the end of March last year, Paladin Underwriting Agency has become the latest provider to say “I’m out” to the construction industry.
The Montpelier-owned firm closed its specialist contractors’ account just 18 months after it entered the market with the underwriter claiming that despite its “best endeavours” the account had failed to deliver on its business plan since its launch.
While no one can deny the impact the recession has had
- CBL Insurance placed into liquidation
- Marsh unveils Marsh-JLT Specialty plans
- Gallagher set to ink another deal before Christmas
- Top 100 2018: Find out who made the list
- Up to 50 jobs at risk amid RSA specialty and wholesale restructure
- Fresh founder Lisa Powis rejoins insurance sector with tech business
- Broker Choice Awards: The winners