Although the large composites have their hearts set on wooing independent brokers, with the emergence of more niche, specialist and smaller insurers and managing general agents (MGA), it is not clear if intermediaries will be so easily seduced this time around.
As reported by Insurance Age (November, 2009, p13), research from Insurance 360 - the new industry insight unit established by Incisive Media - brokers are increasingly turning to smaller players in order to obtain the service they demand
- Ardonagh picks up selected renewal rights from Ageas Retail in £7m deal
- Eldon Insurance states none of its data was used by Leave.eu campaign
- Close Brothers and other creditors to lose out following collapse of Ignition Select
- Stackhouse Poland buys Honour Point
- Primassure moves from SSP and Open GI to Applied
- Is the talent pool drying up?
- Aggregators eating into SME business – GlobalData