It’s often assumed that brokers live the good insurance life. The cut and thrust of winning business, beating up insurers and renewing clients year-on-year as the commissions roll in. It certainly sounds preferable to the life of your garden variety underwriter or loss adjuster.
But if the life of a broker is a glamorous one, then why on earth are we seeing more and more brokers getting involved in the messy word of claims?
The volume of claims going through the insurance market is staggering
The Insurance Age team unpick the most recent and most popular stories.Subscribe to our daily newsletter for all the latest news
- Hobbs reveals Allianz’s £35m debut at Lloyd’s
- UK Broker Awards: Winners revealed
- Samways retires after decade at Miles Smith
- Clear set to make more deals this year
- Clive Edwards becomes CEO of Aspen Insurance UK
- Tokio Marine Kiln restructures management
- FSCS pays out to Lamp GAP and health customers