It’s often assumed that brokers live the good insurance life. The cut and thrust of winning business, beating up insurers and renewing clients year-on-year as the commissions roll in. It certainly sounds preferable to the life of your garden variety underwriter or loss adjuster.
But if the life of a broker is a glamorous one, then why on earth are we seeing more and more brokers getting involved in the messy word of claims?
The volume of claims going through the insurance market is staggering
The editorial team get their teeth into the top stories.Subscribe to our daily newsletter for all the latest news
- FCA warns of Moneysupermarket clone
- Documents reveal government actuary recommended a 0.25% discount rate
- Construction firm unable to find insurance due to lack of capacity
- Fact file: What’s the story with the Ogden Rate?
- Hastings expects £8.4m hit from Ogden rate change
- Insurers disappointed by the new discount rate
- Blog: What is JCT 21.2.1 insurance, and who needs it?