Ask most people how they ended up with a career in the insurance industry and you’ll probably hear that it was by accident, rather than design.
The struggle to attract young talent to our industry is not a new subject and the concerns voiced by brokers have frequently been covered by Insurance Age.
So what are broking firms doing to tackle the challenge? Some have been proactive in setting up apprenticeships or graduate schemes, or creating defined training programmes, but is this enough?
- RSA boss Egan "not defensive" about broker criticism
- Andy Briggs to leave Aviva
- Qudos replacement policies reignite unrated debate
- Hiscox report shows cyber attacks are on the up
- Slow take-up of standardised Toba template was expected, says Biba
- Experts predict further changes at Aviva following Briggs' exit
- FCA re-examines duty of care as report warns customers at risk of harm