Ask most people how they ended up with a career in the insurance industry and you’ll probably hear that it was by accident, rather than design.
The struggle to attract young talent to our industry is not a new subject and the concerns voiced by brokers have frequently been covered by Insurance Age.
So what are broking firms doing to tackle the challenge? Some have been proactive in setting up apprenticeships or graduate schemes, or creating defined training programmes, but is this enough?
The editorial team get their teeth into the top stories.Subscribe to our daily newsletter for all the latest news
- Government reveals recalculated Ogden rate
- Insurers disappointed by the new discount rate
- Documents reveal government actuary recommended a 0.25% discount rate
- FCA warns of Moneysupermarket clone
- Hastings expects £8.4m hit from Ogden rate change
- Fact file: What’s the story with the Ogden Rate?
- Chris Guillaume formally hands over CEO role