Ask most people how they ended up with a career in the insurance industry and you’ll probably hear that it was by accident, rather than design.
The struggle to attract young talent to our industry is not a new subject and the concerns voiced by brokers have frequently been covered by Insurance Age.
So what are broking firms doing to tackle the challenge? Some have been proactive in setting up apprenticeships or graduate schemes, or creating defined training programmes, but is this enough?
- Brokers warned over admin fees and commission
- Ardonagh closes 24 Swinton branches
- Mactavish chases “ultimate failure” £30m British Steel claim
- Mactavish names all British Steel insurers
- Gibraltar insurer, Lamp, goes into liquidation amid insolvency
- In Person: Simon Cooter and Carolyn Callan, Covéa
- BGL launches new short-term motor insurance brand