Burton, who was formerly executive partner at Gallagher-owned Alesco, joined Ardonagh-owned Bishopsgate as managing director in August 2017.
He is one of the defendants in a wider staff poaching case brought by Gallagher against Ardonagh.
Burton left Alesco after serving a three-year non-compete restriction that dated from the acquisition of Alesco in 2014, and expired in April 2017.
According to his defence documents, he received offers or interest from nine potential employers,
- Mactavish lays down the gauntlet on cyber
- Ageas redundancies confirmed
- Simon Matson says ‘complicated fat Arab’ slur regrettable but not discriminatory: Gallagher v Ardonagh
- Discount rate review set to begin
- Industry responds to reports of sexual harassment in Lloyd's
- EY report reveals £1 trillion Brexit exodus
- FSCS recovers £300m for levy payers