Burton, who was formerly executive partner at Gallagher-owned Alesco, joined Ardonagh-owned Bishopsgate as managing director in August 2017.
He is one of the defendants in a wider staff poaching case brought by Gallagher against Ardonagh.
Burton left Alesco after serving a three-year non-compete restriction that dated from the acquisition of Alesco in 2014, and expired in April 2017.
According to his defence documents, he received offers or interest from nine potential employers,
- Lamp’s proposed liquidation sparks debate on insurer stability and ratings
- Ardonagh closes 24 Swinton branches
- Martyn Holman joins Banks-owned Eldon Insurance board
- Gibraltar insurer, Lamp, goes into liquidation amid insolvency
- Mactavish names all British Steel insurers
- Brokers warned over admin fees and commission
- Lockton announces key hires in Birmingham and Manchester