Burton, who was formerly executive partner at Gallagher-owned Alesco, joined Ardonagh-owned Bishopsgate as managing director in August 2017.
He is one of the defendants in a wider staff poaching case brought by Gallagher against Ardonagh.
Burton left Alesco after serving a three-year non-compete restriction that dated from the acquisition of Alesco in 2014, and expired in April 2017.
According to his defence documents, he received offers or interest from nine potential employers,
The Insurance Age team unpick the most recent and most popular stories.Subscribe to our daily newsletter for all the latest news
- Ardonagh losses rise to £44.5m in H1 2019
- Brightside hires new MD of broking as Russell Bence exits
- FSCS set to compensate Alpha Insurance latent defect insurance policyholders
- Gauntlet expands into Wales with two new ARs
- Bravo Group spent £53m on deals in 2018
- Call Connection's administration extension confirmed
- GRP buys risk management firm H&S Click