Hastings Group has reported a 3% rise in gross written premium (GWP) to £958.3m in 2018, compared to £930.8m last year.
In addition, operating profit came in at £190.6m (2017: £184.1m) and its combined operating ratio was 89.4% in 2018 (2017: 87.0%).
Hastings further posted a pre-tax profit of £130.6m for the year, up slightly from the £126.7m profit achieved last year, with net revenue also growing from £715.6m in 2017 to £756.4m in 2018.
Chief financial officer Richard Hoskins said
The editorial team get their teeth into the top stories.Subscribe to our daily newsletter for all the latest news
- Government reveals recalculated Ogden rate
- Insurers disappointed by the new discount rate
- Lloyd’s strategy change gets market backing
- Danish regulator orders Gefion not to expand its business volume
- FCA issues fresh clone broker warning
- Chris Guillaume formally hands over CEO role
- CRL close to finding replacement for Alpha policies