Hastings Group has reported a 3% rise in gross written premium (GWP) to £958.3m in 2018, compared to £930.8m last year.
In addition, operating profit came in at £190.6m (2017: £184.1m) and its combined operating ratio was 89.4% in 2018 (2017: 87.0%).
Hastings further posted a pre-tax profit of £130.6m for the year, up slightly from the £126.7m profit achieved last year, with net revenue also growing from £715.6m in 2017 to £756.4m in 2018.
Chief financial officer Richard Hoskins said
- David Ross accused of “not caring” about acting lawfully
- Aston Lark buys Highworth Insurance
- Zurich temporarily pulls out of direct home
- Allianz hires Gerry Ross as head of commercial motor
- Marsh-owner gains approval to buy Jardine Lloyd Thompson
- Arch Insurance International invests in MGA
- First Central Insurance & Technology takes CEO from Hastings