Hastings Group has reported a 3% rise in gross written premium (GWP) to £958.3m in 2018, compared to £930.8m last year.
In addition, operating profit came in at £190.6m (2017: £184.1m) and its combined operating ratio was 89.4% in 2018 (2017: 87.0%).
Hastings further posted a pre-tax profit of £130.6m for the year, up slightly from the £126.7m profit achieved last year, with net revenue also growing from £715.6m in 2017 to £756.4m in 2018.
Chief financial officer Richard Hoskins said
The Insurance Age team unpick the most recent and most popular stories.Subscribe to our daily newsletter for all the latest news
- Hobbs reveals Allianz’s £35m debut at Lloyd’s
- UK Broker Awards: Winners revealed
- Samways retires after decade at Miles Smith
- Clear set to make more deals this year
- Clive Edwards becomes CEO of Aspen Insurance UK
- Tokio Marine Kiln restructures management
- FSCS pays out to Lamp GAP and health customers