Hastings Group has reported a 3% rise in gross written premium (GWP) to £958.3m in 2018, compared to £930.8m last year.
In addition, operating profit came in at £190.6m (2017: £184.1m) and its combined operating ratio was 89.4% in 2018 (2017: 87.0%).
Hastings further posted a pre-tax profit of £130.6m for the year, up slightly from the £126.7m profit achieved last year, with net revenue also growing from £715.6m in 2017 to £756.4m in 2018.
Chief financial officer Richard Hoskins said
- Three insurance firms on FSCS insolvency list
- Aston Lark confirms Goldman Sachs investment deal
- Blanc expects Goldman Sachs to invest in Aston Lark for 'at least five years'
- Aspen Risk Management to be placed in runoff
- Aviva continues to top Brokerbility members survey
- Esure hires former Aviva UKGI boss David McMillan as CEO
- Aston Lark on cusp of £320m Goldman Sachs investment