Steve White, chief executive of the British Insurance Brokers’ Association (Biba), has warned of the “serious threat” that insurance premium tax (IPT) will rise again in the 2018 Autumn Budget on 29 October.
In last year’s Autumn Budget Chancellor of the Exchequer Philip Hammond announced that he would keep the tax at 12%, which was welcomed by the sector after it had seen IPT double in just two years.
But White explained that this could change this year after the government committed to
The Insurance Age team unpick the most recent and most popular stories.Subscribe to our daily newsletter for all the latest news
- One Call’s Radford launches motor broker
- Saga considering sale of Bennetts for second time, say reports
- Markel not going into broking following Caunce O'Hara deal
- Granite to create 300 new jobs
- Saga profits plummet in all operating areas
- Ecclesiastical's John Blundell to retire in 2020
- Uber boss joins Inshur following partnership deal