Steve White, chief executive of the British Insurance Brokers’ Association (Biba), has warned of the “serious threat” that insurance premium tax (IPT) will rise again in the 2018 Autumn Budget on 29 October.
In last year’s Autumn Budget Chancellor of the Exchequer Philip Hammond announced that he would keep the tax at 12%, which was welcomed by the sector after it had seen IPT double in just two years.
But White explained that this could change this year after the government committed to
- Legal Protection Group confirms loss of Inter Hannover capacity
- Towergate’s Andy Parkin resurfaces at Gauntlet
- Laurent Matras takes interim Axa retail MD role as Gareth Howell departs
- Profits up at Allianz in 2018
- Consolidation opens up opportunities, says Romero boss
- Ghost broker jailed for two years
- Up to 275 jobs at risk at Axa XL in the UK