Small and medium enterprises (SME) make up a huge proportion of UK businesses and offer a diverse range of services. It is a big draw for the broker market. SMEs can, according to the Companies Act, be anything from a lone person – perhaps one running a cupcake-making business from their home – to slick, professional organisations with up to 250 employees and turnover of up to £25.9m (see box on page 28).
They all fit under the SME umbrella and this leaves insurers and brokers with the difficu
- Brokers have "heads in the sand" around succession, says Aviva's Bayles
- Amazon ponders UK aggregator site - reports
- GRP-owned Abbey Bond Lovis makes NI buy
- CII questions future of Chartered proposition
- Aviva denies being on “big crusade on broker commissions”
- CII aiming for “relevant and diverse” Chartered Status
- Blog: Escape of water – a summer time risk?