“It was, overall, a pretty positive year for the business,” Steve Lathrope summed up as SSP published its financial results.
In the year to 31 March 2018 the business saw Ebitda decline to £22.5m and turnover slip by 3% to £85.3m.
SSP’s chief executive explained the company was two years into a four year investment period and was focused on improving the fundamentals of innovation and service.
The group upped its spend on research and development by 10% to £8.8m in the period and he
- Markerstudy buys Co-op underwriting in £185m deal
- Markerstudy to use Co-op’s brand after deal
- Aston Lark buys Irish broker Robertson Low
- Mark Cliff joins Be Wiser as NED
- Ageas consults on closure of Stoke and Port Solent operations
- Axa UK hires Shali Vasudeva as COO from Hiscox
- InsurTech Futures: Zurich partners with travel start-up Pluto