UK insurers are working with Amazon ahead of the technology company’s potential entry into the general insurance sector, Insurance Age can reveal.
A market source stated that Amazon is also in the process of building a panel of brokers.
Insurance Age believes the project has been running at least since the first quarter of this year.
Amazon continued to stonewall saying the business “would not comment on rumour or speculation”.
The tech giant, owner of Amazon Alexa which answers
- RSA boss Egan "not defensive" about broker criticism
- Andy Briggs to leave Aviva
- Qudos replacement policies reignite unrated debate
- Hiscox report shows cyber attacks are on the up
- Slow take-up of standardised Toba template was expected, says Biba
- Experts predict further changes at Aviva following Briggs' exit
- FCA re-examines duty of care as report warns customers at risk of harm