UK insurers are working with Amazon ahead of the technology company’s potential entry into the general insurance sector, Insurance Age can reveal.
A market source stated that Amazon is also in the process of building a panel of brokers.
Insurance Age believes the project has been running at least since the first quarter of this year.
Amazon continued to stonewall saying the business “would not comment on rumour or speculation”.
The tech giant, owner of Amazon Alexa which answers
The editorial team get their teeth into the top stories.Subscribe to our daily newsletter for all the latest news
- FCA warns of Moneysupermarket clone
- Documents reveal government actuary recommended a 0.25% discount rate
- Construction firm unable to find insurance due to lack of capacity
- Fact file: What’s the story with the Ogden Rate?
- Hastings expects £8.4m hit from Ogden rate change
- Insurers disappointed by the new discount rate
- US-firm AssuredPartners buys Hettle Andrews