UK insurers are working with Amazon ahead of the technology company’s potential entry into the general insurance sector, Insurance Age can reveal.
A market source stated that Amazon is also in the process of building a panel of brokers.
Insurance Age believes the project has been running at least since the first quarter of this year.
Amazon continued to stonewall saying the business “would not comment on rumour or speculation”.
The tech giant, owner of Amazon Alexa which answers
The Insurance Age team unpick the most recent and most popular stories.Subscribe to our daily newsletter for all the latest news
- One Call’s Radford launches motor broker
- Saga considering sale of Bennetts for second time, say reports
- Markel not going into broking following Caunce O'Hara deal
- Granite to create 300 new jobs
- Saga profits plummet in all operating areas
- Ecclesiastical's John Blundell to retire in 2020
- Ten takes small profit hit due to software house move