Applied Systems has investigated buying Open GI but is not currently pursuing a deal, Insurance Age understands.
According to a market expert Applied had been looking at purchasing Open GI as part of its strategy to expand in the UK.
However, after taking a closer look at the business Applied, which is owned by private equity firm Hellman & Friedman, decided against making a bid.
One technology expert claimed the process that could have led to the two software houses coming together ended in
The Insurance Age team unpick the most recent and most popular stories.Subscribe to our daily newsletter for all the latest news
- Ardonagh losses rise to £44.5m in H1 2019
- Brightside hires new MD of broking as Russell Bence exits
- Gauntlet expands into Wales with two new ARs
- FSCS set to compensate Alpha Insurance latent defect insurance policyholders
- Bravo Group spent £53m on deals in 2018
- Call Connection's administration extension confirmed
- GRP buys risk management firm H&S Click