Applied Systems has investigated buying Open GI but is not currently pursuing a deal, Insurance Age understands.
According to a market expert Applied had been looking at purchasing Open GI as part of its strategy to expand in the UK.
However, after taking a closer look at the business Applied, which is owned by private equity firm Hellman & Friedman, decided against making a bid.
One technology expert claimed the process that could have led to the two software houses coming together ended in
- Brokers warned over admin fees and commission
- Ardonagh closes 24 Swinton branches
- Mactavish chases “ultimate failure” £30m British Steel claim
- Mactavish names all British Steel insurers
- Gibraltar insurer, Lamp, goes into liquidation amid insolvency
- In Person: Simon Cooter and Carolyn Callan, Covéa
- BGL launches new short-term motor insurance brand