If there was ever to be a film made about the birth of digital-enabled start-up broker Konsileo, then it is pretty clear what the defining scene would be.
On a muggy evening in Charleston, South Carolina the founder John Warbuton – on a road trip across the United States after taking in the 2014 World Cup – is drawing up a business plan for what a future-proofed broker model might look like.
Throw in a moody jazz soundtrack and we are all set for a movie that might potentially do for InsurTech
The editorial team get their teeth into the top stories.Subscribe to our daily newsletter for all the latest news
- Government reveals recalculated Ogden rate
- Insurers disappointed by the new discount rate
- Documents reveal government actuary recommended a 0.25% discount rate
- FCA warns of Moneysupermarket clone
- Hastings expects £8.4m hit from Ogden rate change
- Fact file: What’s the story with the Ogden Rate?
- Chris Guillaume formally hands over CEO role