Last year the National Crime Agency revealed that cyber crime had officially overtaken traditional crime in the UK. Where once it was masked bandits holding up bank tellers, we’re now seeing teenagers stealing cash from businesses from the comfort of their bedroom.
CFC’s own claims experience backs this up. We saw a 78% rise in cyber claims in 2016 with just over a third caused by simple phishing scams rather than sophisticated cyber crime.
Perhaps more importantly 90% of our claims by volume
- Tasker Insurance names Robert Organ as new CEO
- ASA reveals insurance advertising complaints
- Ex Towergate and Bluefin boss Kenny Hogg joins Gallagher as Scotland lead
- Staysure snaps up travel rival Avanti
- New motor fleet MGA launched
- GWP slips to $2.39bn at QBE Europe in half year results
- Hiscox adds drone cover and more to home insurance product