Last year the National Crime Agency revealed that cyber crime had officially overtaken traditional crime in the UK. Where once it was masked bandits holding up bank tellers, we’re now seeing teenagers stealing cash from businesses from the comfort of their bedroom.
CFC’s own claims experience backs this up. We saw a 78% rise in cyber claims in 2016 with just over a third caused by simple phishing scams rather than sophisticated cyber crime.
Perhaps more importantly 90% of our claims by volume
- CII sells Aldermanbury
- FCA survey reveals gaps in consumer insurance knowledge and take-up
- Turnover grows for Stackhouse Poland
- Marmalade partners with Ignite on telematics platform
- Markerstudy’s Trice app available to whitelabel for brokers
- Meet the 2017 Broker Apprentices
- Hyperion plans stake sale, reports say