Last year the National Crime Agency revealed that cyber crime had officially overtaken traditional crime in the UK. Where once it was masked bandits holding up bank tellers, we’re now seeing teenagers stealing cash from businesses from the comfort of their bedroom.
CFC’s own claims experience backs this up. We saw a 78% rise in cyber claims in 2016 with just over a third caused by simple phishing scams rather than sophisticated cyber crime.
Perhaps more importantly 90% of our claims by volume
- Former Axa claims handler jailed for fraud
- MVP snaps up stake in Ataraxia as Stuart Randall exits
- InsurTech Futures: By Miles launches pay-as-you-go motor policy
- Insurance Cares: FCA plans ‘vulnerable customers’ consultation
- FCA prepares for hard Brexit
- CII names Jonathan Clark as new president
- MVP the “ideal partner” for Ataraxia, says Stuart Randall