The Financial Conduct Authority (FCA) has published new rules that will apply to all claims management companies (CMCs) from April 2019.
That is when the watchdog will be taking over the responsibility for regulating CMCs including in Scotland where they are currently unregulated.
From 1 April all CMCs serving customers in England, Scotland and Wales will have to be authorised by the FCA and meet minimum standards to operate.
The regulator stated that any firm that is not authorised by then
- Markerstudy buys Co-op underwriting in £185m deal
- Markerstudy to use Co-op’s brand after deal
- Aston Lark buys Irish broker Robertson Low
- Mark Cliff joins Be Wiser as NED
- Ageas consults on closure of Stoke and Port Solent operations
- Axa UK hires Shali Vasudeva as COO from Hiscox
- InsurTech Futures: Zurich partners with travel start-up Pluto