The Financial Conduct Authority (FCA) has published new rules that will apply to all claims management companies (CMCs) from April 2019.
That is when the watchdog will be taking over the responsibility for regulating CMCs including in Scotland where they are currently unregulated.
From 1 April all CMCs serving customers in England, Scotland and Wales will have to be authorised by the FCA and meet minimum standards to operate.
The regulator stated that any firm that is not authorised by then
- Industry responds to reports of sexual harassment in Lloyd's
- FCA urges firms to apply for TPR and FSCR ahead of Brexit
- Ageas teams up with Darwin Clayton in £45m deal
- Marsh-parent raises $250m of fresh debt
- Blog: Future-proof professional indemnity
- Simon Matson says ‘complicated fat Arab’ slur regrettable but not discriminatory: Gallagher v Ardonagh
- UK Broker Awards open for entries