The Financial Conduct Authority (FCA) has published new rules that will apply to all claims management companies (CMCs) from April 2019.
That is when the watchdog will be taking over the responsibility for regulating CMCs including in Scotland where they are currently unregulated.
From 1 April all CMCs serving customers in England, Scotland and Wales will have to be authorised by the FCA and meet minimum standards to operate.
The regulator stated that any firm that is not authorised by then
- Three insurance firms on FSCS insolvency list
- Gibraltar insurer, Lamp, goes into liquidation amid insolvency
- Blanc expects Goldman Sachs to invest in Aston Lark for 'at least five years'
- Aston Lark confirms Goldman Sachs investment deal
- Aviva continues to top Brokerbility members survey
- Aspen Risk Management to be placed in runoff
- Investors value Ardonagh at £1.9bn