5) FCA fails to stop clone broker on Facebook
Facebook confirmed that the page operated by scammers using Car Insurance 4 u’s details had been taken down following an investigation by Insurance Age.
This came after the Financial Conduct Authority issued a warning that fraudsters were using details of authorised motor broker Car Insurance 4 u in order to convince people they worked for a genuine company.
In an interview with Insurance Age Clive Jones, general manager of Car Insurance 4 u, said
- Legal Protection Group confirms loss of Inter Hannover capacity
- Towergate’s Andy Parkin resurfaces at Gauntlet
- Laurent Matras takes interim Axa retail MD role as Gareth Howell departs
- Profits up at Allianz in 2018
- Market moves: Across the board
- Up to 275 jobs at risk at Axa XL in the UK
- Consolidation opens up opportunities, says Romero boss