5) FCA fails to stop clone broker on Facebook
Facebook confirmed that the page operated by scammers using Car Insurance 4 u’s details had been taken down following an investigation by Insurance Age.
This came after the Financial Conduct Authority issued a warning that fraudsters were using details of authorised motor broker Car Insurance 4 u in order to convince people they worked for a genuine company.
In an interview with Insurance Age Clive Jones, general manager of Car Insurance 4 u, said
The Insurance Age editorial team dig into this week's top stories.Subscribe to our daily newsletter for all the latest news
- NED salaries in the insurance sector revealed
- Construction firm unable to find insurance due to lack of capacity
- Mactavish criticises industry for "knee-jerk reaction" in hardening market
- FSCS agrees Alpha replacement cover deal
- ABI bites back on discount rate
- Brokers must transform to evade threat of AI - report
- FCA reiterates dual pricing concerns