5) FCA fails to stop clone broker on Facebook
Facebook confirmed that the page operated by scammers using Car Insurance 4 u’s details had been taken down following an investigation by Insurance Age.
This came after the Financial Conduct Authority issued a warning that fraudsters were using details of authorised motor broker Car Insurance 4 u in order to convince people they worked for a genuine company.
In an interview with Insurance Age Clive Jones, general manager of Car Insurance 4 u, said
- Marsh & McLennan buys JLT in $5.6bn deal
- Brokers see opportunity in MMC’s JLT takeover
- MMC confirms up to 3,750 jobs in danger from JLT takeover
- Premium Credit explains taking system offline
- MMC boss Dan Glaser lifts the lid on the 11 day JLT deal
- Ex broker jailed for £140,000 fraud
- Gallagher and Ardonagh in legal dispute