5) FCA fails to stop clone broker on Facebook
Facebook confirmed that the page operated by scammers using Car Insurance 4 u’s details had been taken down following an investigation by Insurance Age.
This came after the Financial Conduct Authority issued a warning that fraudsters were using details of authorised motor broker Car Insurance 4 u in order to convince people they worked for a genuine company.
In an interview with Insurance Age Clive Jones, general manager of Car Insurance 4 u, said
The Insurance Age team unpick the most recent and most popular stories.Subscribe to our daily newsletter for all the latest news
- Zurich cuts scheme contract with Fleet UK
- Ardonagh shutters Swinton's advised commercial business
- FSCS set to compensate Alpha Insurance latent defect insurance policyholders
- Allianz appoints branch leaders
- THB pledges support for Fleet UK
- Latest Ogden rate change will cost the industry over £160m
- Broker Expo 2019: Q&A with Aviva's Dave Carey