"To brokers we are the anti-Christ - we are obviously not their great friend," Henry Engelhardt, chief executive of Admiral, says early in the interview.
Mr Engelhardt launched Admiral in January 1993 after being head hunted by a managing agency at Lloyd's looking to write more car insurance in a style similar to Direct Line. "Everybody in the market was going after the good driver, the over 40s, the lower premium stuff. We thought we shouldn't try and compete with them head on and went after hi
- FCA warns on clone of Ellis David Insurance Brokers
- InsurTech Futures: Ex-Brokerbility and Aviva expert targets on-demand market
- Miller buys Alston Gayler and Co
- Blog: Does your board meet FCA standards?
- FCA issues another clone broker warning
- Podcast: Certus' Ben Welsh looks at the top five stories of the week
- Axa XL to move EU arm to Dublin