The final bill for the payment protection insurance (PPI) mis-selling scandal could reach £3bn. That's not a misprint - it could actually hit £3bn. At least that's the estimate provided by the Financial Services Authority (FSA) as it introduces new measures to ensure firms sell PPI in an appropriate way.
Now all this cost isn't going to rest on brokers' shoulders (it's mainly to do with complaint redress and implementing the new measures) but there is still plenty of pain ahead for general insur
- Ardonagh picks up selected renewal rights from Ageas Retail in £7m deal
- Eldon Insurance states none of its data was used by Leave.eu campaign
- Stackhouse Poland buys Honour Point
- Close Brothers and other creditors to lose out following collapse of Ignition Select
- Primassure moves from SSP and Open GI to Applied
- Is the talent pool drying up?
- Aggregators eating into SME business – GlobalData