What is the state of the Scottish market?
▶ John M: The Scottish market is very buoyant in terms of competition – loads of competition on the broking and insurer side. Although that brings its own challenges, it’s certainly better working in that environment than being in a backwater. Everyone wants to be here, but rating strength could be better.
▶ Annie: If you look at the market as a whole and the combined operating ratio of the last five years for the market, I don’t think anything has been
- Losses bite at Ageas Retail after Kwik Fit closure
- Clear plots buying spree to double GWP by 2022
- Ansvar launches two charity products
- Ascot launches new MGA and hires Michael Sillat to lead
- InsurTech Futures: Hiscox partners with start-up Digital Fineprint
- Ecclesiastical's pre-tax profit surges with investment returns in first half of 2017
- Verisk to buy Sequel for £250m