Private equity firm and PIB backer The Carlyle Group has bought a majority stake in Sedgwick for $6.7bn (£5.15bn).
The deal sees previous majority shareholder KKR, an investor in Ardonagh Group, exit the business.
Funds managed by Stone Point Capital and Caisse de dépôt et placement du Québec – which recently took a “significant minority stake” in Hyperion for £298m – and Sedgwick management remain minority investors.
US headquartered Sedgwick handles more than 3.6 million claims a year with
- Aviva grows mid-market appetite
- MRIB buys Independents
- Ex-Enterprise non-exec chairman Nick Cruz sues Gibraltar regulator for libel
- Unauthorised broker targets customers on Instagram
- Biba warns of 'uncharted waters' as Theresa May's Brexit deal is rejected
- Saffron buys Farmer Insurance Brokers
- NMU in specialist line-led restructure