Competition in the small fleet market is cutthroat, but there is no lack of new capacity and a general hardening of rates looks unlikely.
Insurers and brokers, therefore, need to work together to improve risk selection, and to then work on improving risk performance through better application of risk management, training and technology.
Lynn Jones, senior trading underwriter at Zurich, accepts that there are difficulties in the market and says: “We have the same challenges as our competitors
- CMA to investigate aggregator over “strong concerns” on insurer relationships
- Swinton targets becoming largest digital broker in the UK
- Former Aviva CEO Patrick Snowball joins Sabre board
- PIB buys specialist charity MGA aQmen Holdings
- NIG adds Farm Combined to FarmWeb e-trade platform
- Optimism among brokers falls slightly
- Innovation brings its own rewards