Competition in the small fleet market is cutthroat, but there is no lack of new capacity and a general hardening of rates looks unlikely.
Insurers and brokers, therefore, need to work together to improve risk selection, and to then work on improving risk performance through better application of risk management, training and technology.
Lynn Jones, senior trading underwriter at Zurich, accepts that there are difficulties in the market and says: “We have the same challenges as our competitors
Read the latest issue of Insurance Age here
- Insurance industry welcomes Ogden rate reform
- Lloyd’s slumps to £2bn loss for 2017
- Pen Underwriting makes 11 redundant at Chelmsford office
- Claimant lawyers hit out at government’s discount rate reform
- Discount rate reform unveiled by the government
- Ian Gosden retires from GRP-owned Higos
- Hayley Robinson takes on CUO role at Zurich UK