Competition in the small fleet market is cutthroat, but there is no lack of new capacity and a general hardening of rates looks unlikely.
Insurers and brokers, therefore, need to work together to improve risk selection, and to then work on improving risk performance through better application of risk management, training and technology.
Lynn Jones, senior trading underwriter at Zurich, accepts that there are difficulties in the market and says: “We have the same challenges as our competitors
- Brokers have "heads in the sand" around succession, says Aviva's Bayles
- Amazon ponders UK aggregator site - reports
- GRP-owned Abbey Bond Lovis makes NI buy
- CII questions future of Chartered proposition
- Aviva denies being on “big crusade on broker commissions”
- CII aiming for “relevant and diverse” Chartered Status
- Blog: Escape of water – a summer time risk?