Competition in the small fleet market is cutthroat, but there is no lack of new capacity and a general hardening of rates looks unlikely.
Insurers and brokers, therefore, need to work together to improve risk selection, and to then work on improving risk performance through better application of risk management, training and technology.
Lynn Jones, senior trading underwriter at Zurich, accepts that there are difficulties in the market and says: “We have the same challenges as our competitors
The Insurance Age team unpick the most recent and most popular stories.Subscribe to our daily newsletter for all the latest news
- Ardonagh confirms the end of all Swinton retail branches
- Ardonagh losses rise to £44.5m in H1 2019
- Aon UK confirms solicitors’ PI cover has been withdrawn
- Bravo Group spent £53m on deals in 2018
- PIB u-turns on pledge to keep Albany Childcare brand
- FSCS set to compensate Alpha Insurance latent defect insurance policyholders
- Romero Group moves to Applied Epic