“We sometimes talk in the office about Romford being the Silicon Valley of the broker market in some ways,” laughs Ben Halcro head of sales at Grove & Dean.
“It isn’t quite as diverse as that! But, if you look around, there is an entrepreneurial spirit in the area.”
Undoubtedly Romford and the surrounding region, situated just 15 miles from London, has no shortage of specialist broking knowledge.
Another insurance fact is that Peter Cullum set up Towergate just around the corner in Hornchurch
- £500,000 Gallagher fraudster jailed for 34 months
- Ardonagh sells remaining Broker Network stake in £30m deal
- Interview: Staysure’s Ryan Howsam
- The Burley Group buys Grace Corporate Insurance Services
- Car insurance premiums rose 8% in 2017
- Stuart Vann out at Esure
- Lark and Aston Scott to rebrand as Aston Lark