“We sometimes talk in the office about Romford being the Silicon Valley of the broker market in some ways,” laughs Ben Halcro head of sales at Grove & Dean.
“It isn’t quite as diverse as that! But, if you look around, there is an entrepreneurial spirit in the area.”
Undoubtedly Romford and the surrounding region, situated just 15 miles from London, has no shortage of specialist broking knowledge.
Another insurance fact is that Peter Cullum set up Towergate just around the corner in Hornchurch
- Ardonagh picks up selected renewal rights from Ageas Retail in £7m deal
- Eldon Insurance states none of its data was used by Leave.eu campaign
- Stackhouse Poland buys Honour Point
- Primassure moves from SSP and Open GI to Applied
- Is the talent pool drying up?
- Towergate owners post £261m loss for 2017
- Aggregators eating into SME business – GlobalData