5) London Market passes $200bn stress test
Hiscox has published a white paper looking into the London Market's response to a theoretical stress test involving the costliest losses in history.
The dry run scenario included an unprecedented cyber event, a highly destructive hurricane, one of the largest ever stock market declines and a major reinsurer default with consequent delays in reinsurance payments.
These simulated events resulted in extraordinary global insurance losses
- Aviva denies being on “big crusade on broker commissions”
- Simply Business reveals losses for 2017
- Brokers have "heads in the sand" around succession, says Aviva's Bayles
- Revenue growth for Seventeen Group
- Amazon ponders UK aggregator site - reports
- CII aiming for “relevant and diverse” Chartered Status
- #Insagepeople: 20 - 26 August 2018