5) London Market passes $200bn stress test
Hiscox has published a white paper looking into the London Market's response to a theoretical stress test involving the costliest losses in history.
The dry run scenario included an unprecedented cyber event, a highly destructive hurricane, one of the largest ever stock market declines and a major reinsurer default with consequent delays in reinsurance payments.
These simulated events resulted in extraordinary global insurance losses
- Ex Towergate and Bluefin boss Kenny Hogg joins Gallagher as Scotland lead
- New motor fleet MGA launched
- Hiscox adds drone cover and more to home insurance product
- Staysure snaps up travel rival Avanti
- GWP slips to $2.39bn at QBE Europe in half year results
- ASA reveals insurance advertising complaints
- David Charles steps down as head of PIB-owned Cooke & Mason