Part and parcel of any claims proposition has to include a focus on fraud. Of course, brokers have always had a part to play here but their involvement in claims requires them to adopt a more fundamental role, particularly where they have secured delegated authority to manage claims beyond first notification of loss (FNOL).
“Before a broker secures delegated authority in claims, they need to have the anti-fraud mechanisms in place,” says Neil Daniel, senior technical manager and head of fraud
The editorial team get their teeth into the top stories.Subscribe to our daily newsletter for all the latest news
- FCA warns of Moneysupermarket clone
- Documents reveal government actuary recommended a 0.25% discount rate
- Construction firm unable to find insurance due to lack of capacity
- Fact file: What’s the story with the Ogden Rate?
- Hastings expects £8.4m hit from Ogden rate change
- Insurers disappointed by the new discount rate
- Blog: What is JCT 21.2.1 insurance, and who needs it?