5) Private equity buys majority stake in Miles Smith as MS Amlin exits
Pollen Street Capital (PSC) is set to buy a majority shareholding in Miles Smith, the broker has revealed.
The deal, subject to approval by the Financial Conduct Authority, will see MS Amlin and other shareholders exit the business.
It is expected to complete in the first quarter of 2018. The price was not disclosed.
Miles Smith has over 220 staff across its head office in London and branches in Suffolk and Bedfordshire.
The Insurance Age team examine the most read stories for the week commencing 3 June 2019.Subscribe to our daily newsletter for all the latest news
- Tokio Marine Kiln Insurance to go into run-off
- GRP-owned Sagars buys Thomas Cook
- PIB's £50m spending on brokers in 2018 revealed
- Insurers could face fines for £4bn dual pricing "rip off"
- Hiscox creates Cyber Exposure Calculator
- Adrian Brown becomes NED at SSP
- Waite-led Premium Credit takes Howells from Close Brothers and Thomas from RSA