The Financial Conduct Authority (FCA) has begun regulating the claims management industry from today (1 April).
All claims management companies (CMC) in England, Wales and Scotland will now have to demonstrate that they meet and maintain minimum standards set by the regulator.
The FCA added that all CMCs will need to apply to the watchdog for authorisation.
According to the regulator more than 900 CMCs have registered for temporary permission to continue operating while they go
- Three insurance firms on FSCS insolvency list
- Aspen Risk Management to be placed in runoff
- Aston Lark on cusp of £320m Goldman Sachs investment
- Esure hires former Aviva UKGI boss David McMillan as CEO
- Biba will return to Manchester in 2020
- Aston Lark confirms Goldman Sachs investment deal
- FCA warns of clone MGA