The Financial Conduct Authority (FCA) has begun regulating the claims management industry from today (1 April).
All claims management companies (CMC) in England, Wales and Scotland will now have to demonstrate that they meet and maintain minimum standards set by the regulator.
The FCA added that all CMCs will need to apply to the watchdog for authorisation.
According to the regulator more than 900 CMCs have registered for temporary permission to continue operating while they go
The editorial team get their teeth into the top stories.Subscribe to our daily newsletter for all the latest news
- FCA warns of Moneysupermarket clone
- Documents reveal government actuary recommended a 0.25% discount rate
- Fact file: What’s the story with the Ogden Rate?
- Construction firm unable to find insurance due to lack of capacity
- Insurers disappointed by the new discount rate
- Hastings expects £8.4m hit from Ogden rate change
- Government reveals recalculated Ogden rate