The £4.3bn acquisition of Jardine Lloyd Thompson Group (JLT) by Marsh parent Marsh & McLennan Companies has received regulatory approval from the European Commission.
Late last week Marsh stated that all of the regulatory and competition approvals needed for the completion of the transaction have been met.
Now that all of the approvals have been fulfilled, a hearing has been organised at the UK High Court for 29 March. If the court supports the takeover it is expected to close on April 1.
The editorial team get their teeth into the top stories.Subscribe to our daily newsletter for all the latest news
- FCA warns of Moneysupermarket clone
- Documents reveal government actuary recommended a 0.25% discount rate
- Fact file: What’s the story with the Ogden Rate?
- Construction firm unable to find insurance due to lack of capacity
- Hastings expects £8.4m hit from Ogden rate change
- Insurers disappointed by the new discount rate
- US-firm AssuredPartners buys Hettle Andrews