The £4.3bn acquisition of Jardine Lloyd Thompson Group (JLT) by Marsh parent Marsh & McLennan Companies has received regulatory approval from the European Commission.
Late last week Marsh stated that all of the regulatory and competition approvals needed for the completion of the transaction have been met.
Now that all of the approvals have been fulfilled, a hearing has been organised at the UK High Court for 29 March. If the court supports the takeover it is expected to close on April 1.
- RSA boss Egan "not defensive" about broker criticism
- Andy Briggs to leave Aviva
- Qudos replacement policies reignite unrated debate
- Hiscox report shows cyber attacks are on the up
- Slow take-up of standardised Toba template was expected, says Biba
- Experts predict further changes at Aviva following Briggs' exit
- FCA re-examines duty of care as report warns customers at risk of harm