The £4.3bn acquisition of Jardine Lloyd Thompson Group (JLT) by Marsh parent Marsh & McLennan Companies has received regulatory approval from the European Commission.
Late last week Marsh stated that all of the regulatory and competition approvals needed for the completion of the transaction have been met.
Now that all of the approvals have been fulfilled, a hearing has been organised at the UK High Court for 29 March. If the court supports the takeover it is expected to close on April 1.
The Insurance Age team unpick the most recent and most popular stories.Subscribe to our daily newsletter for all the latest news
- One Call’s Radford launches motor broker
- Saga considering sale of Bennetts for second time, say reports
- Markel not going into broking following Caunce O'Hara deal
- Granite to create 300 new jobs
- Saga profits plummet in all operating areas
- Ecclesiastical's John Blundell to retire in 2020
- Ten takes small profit hit due to software house move