The Financial Conduct Authority (FCA) has warned that a no-deal Brexit would create significant challenges and risks for the UK’s financial services sector.
In a letter to the Treasury Select Committee, FCA chief executive Andrew Bailey highlighted that the challenges would relate to firms’ readiness, potential market disruption and insufficient public-policy solutions put in place on the side of the EU.
“From the perspective of our objectives we strongly support an implementation period and
- Laurent Matras takes interim Axa retail MD role as Gareth Howell departs
- Profits up at Allianz in 2018
- Legal Protection Group confirms loss of Inter Hannover capacity
- Towergate’s Andy Parkin resurfaces at Gauntlet
- Market moves: Across the board
- Regional review: Cardiff
- Up to 275 jobs at risk at Axa XL in the UK