Van insurance premiums have risen 8.3% over the last year, according to research published by Consumer Intelligence.
The analytics company’s latest Van Insurance Price Index found that the average premium for van drivers is now £1,171.
Drivers who use their vans for business purposes attract a higher average premium of £1,202, while those who insure under ‘social, domestic and pleasure’ policies pay only £1,046 on average.
This gap across categories is beginning to narrow, however, with
The Insurance Age team unpick the most recent and most popular stories.Subscribe to our daily newsletter for all the latest news
- Brightside hires new MD of broking as Russell Bence exits
- Ardonagh losses rise to £44.5m in H1 2019
- FSCS set to compensate Alpha Insurance latent defect insurance policyholders
- Gauntlet expands into Wales with two new ARs
- THB pledges support for Fleet UK
- Call Connection's administration extension confirmed
- Bravo Group spent £53m on deals in 2018